Overdrive APP FOR TABLETS, IPADS, AND SMARTPHONES
The Overdrive app is available for computers, tablets, and mobile devices, including: Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Chromebook, Windows Phone, Windows 8 & 10 and Kindle Fire HD.
YOU MUST HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION TO DOWNLOAD THE OVERDRIVE APP, EBOOKS & AUDIOBOOKS
- Downloading the app:
- To download the Overdrive app onto a computer click here and choose your device (Mac/Windows/Chromebook).
- To download the Overdrive app onto an android device click here or search for the Overdrive App in the app store on your device.
- To download the Overdrive app onto an iPhone or iPad click here or search for the Overdrive App in the iTunes store on your device.
- Choosing your library:
- Launch the Overdrive app
- Under MY LIBRARIES click on ADD A LIBRARY
- In the search box type Little Silver
- Choose the following result Monmouth County Library – Little Silver
- Under LIBRARY SYSTEMS click on Monmouth County Library
- Click on SIGN IN in the upper right-hand corner
- Enter your Little Silver Library Card Number and check the box that says “Remember my login information on this device”
- Click on SIGN IN
DOWNLOADING An overdrive EBOOK:
- Open the Overdrive app
- Click on the + ADD A TITLE
- If the add a title box is not visible, click on BOOKSHELF from the menu bar
- Library on the Go! will open
- To search, click/tap the magnifying glass and type in the title or author you are looking for. You can also browse eBooks by genre.
EBOOKS THAT ARE AVAILABLE FOR CHECKOUT WILL HAVE A BOLDED BOOK ICON IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE COVER.
AUDIOBOOKS THAT ARE AVAILABLE FOR CHECKOUT WILL HAVE A BOLDED HEADSET ICON IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE COVER.
- To check out a title:
- For Tablets and Mobile Devices: Tap on the cover, then tap Borrow to check out.
- Your library card number will come up: Tap on SIGN IN.
- If the library card number box is empty, enter your Little Silver Library card number and check the box that says “Remember me”
- Click/tap Download and select EPUB eBook
- Click/tap Confirm & add to app
- You can continue browsing for books or you can return to the Overdrive app to begin reading or listening to your downloaded titles.
- To return to the Overdrive app tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner and tap on BOOKSHELF
PLACING A HOLD ON AN EBOOK
EBOOKS THAT ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR CHECKOUT WILL HAVE A GRAYED OUT BOOK ICON IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE COVER.
- To place a hold on the title:
- For Tablets and Mobile Devices: Tap on the cover, then tap Place a Hold to join the waiting list.
- When the book is available for you, you will receive an email notification.
- You will have 3 days to check the book out before you lose your place in line (unless you have automatic checkout).
RETURNING AN OVERDRIVE EBOOK:
EBOOKS WILL AUTOMATICALLY RETURN THEMSELVES AFTER THE CHECKOUT PERIOD HAS ENDED; HOWEVER, YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE INFORMATION FOR THE TITLE FROM YOUR DEVICE.
RETURNING TITLES EARLY / REMOVING TITLES FROM YOUR DEVICE
- Open the Overdrive app
- If your bookshelf is not open, tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand corner and tap on BOOKSHELF
- Long press on the title you wish to return
- Tap on RETURN TO LIBRARY
- You will be given the option to cancel the action or return the book. Tap on RETURN